The Campbell River Community Foundation is in search of a dynamic and passionate fund raising professional. The successful candidate will assume a leadership role to increase awareness of the foundation in our community.
SKILL SETS YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Deep understanding of fundraising techniques, preferably with a record of success in a senior leadership role within a philanthropic organization
- Leadership, strategic vision, and financial acumen in keeping with the Foundation’s vision, mission, strategic plan and policies
- Experience in leading and implementing fund raising activities with a focus on planned giving, major gifts, endowment funds, corporate giving, direct mail programs, social media, and event planning
- Exceptional communications skill is an imperative for this position, as the Executive Director will be the Foundation’s “Ambassador”
- Self-motivation – with strong time management and organizational skills.
- Develop communication and information tactics designed to raise community awareness and increased funding for the Foundation operations and endowments.
- Build relationships with professional advisors to encourage consideration of the CRCF in estate plans and planned giving to increase the fund
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop and implement a communications plan to increase awareness of CRCF to potential donors, potential grant recipients, public officials, influencers and professional advisors
- Look for and act on initiatives where CRCF can play an aligning, lead role within the community
- Support and engage with other community organizations
- Ensure the grant-making program is administered within the framework established by the Grants Management Committee and the Board of Directors
- Work with the Board of Directors and the Governance Committee to develop and implement appropriate governance policies and to recruit potential directors and volunteers
- Ensure CRCF has sound financial practices that comply with federal and provincial regulations and reporting requirements
- Ensure operating policies and procedures are followed
- Manage contracts
- Senior management experience
- Demonstrated strategic planning and research experience
- Prior experience in working with boards, board governance and volunteer management (committees and boards)
- Experience pertaining to non-profit entities
- Direct experience in fund raising in a not-for-profit environment
- Exhibits discretion, dependability, loyalty and integrity
- Excellent computer, database and accounting software abilities
- Can work independently and also as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with leaders in the voluntary, private and government sectors
- Ability to present to multiple target audiences using a variety of formats
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
The Campbell River Community Foundation brings people together who care about their communities. We are local, independent, volunteer-driven, charitable organization.
The Foundation supports Campbell River through its annual grants program in the areas of education, health and welfare, culture, environment, parks and recreation, youth and seniors.
WHY CAMPBELL RIVER?
Campbell River is a city with friendly small-town character. We offer a balanced lifestyle surrounded by nature. With the waters of Discovery Passage at our shoreline and majestic mountains as a backdrop, it is located at the 50th parallel on the east coast of Vancouver Island.
From eco-adventures and internationally renowned salmon fishing to skiing at Mount Washington, safe streets to cultural treasures, fine dining to golfing, boutique shopping to advanced educational opportunities, community festivals to parks and trails for all ages and abilities, Campbell River has it all!
Please submit your cover letter and resume outlining specifically how your experience and qualifications relate to the Executive Director position.
Close Date: December 3rd, 2021
Doug Lang, Search Committee Chair
Campbell River Community Foundation
PO Box 734
Campbell River, B.C. V9W 6J3